Chris is the developer of iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security) and has been working on WordPress security for over 5 years. Previously a captain for a small airline Chris’ interest in security began on his first day as an employed pilot, 9/11 and gradually evolved over the years to helping individuals and smaller organizations protect their websites from many of the common methods attackers use to compromise their victims.
When not coding Chris loves to teach and has taught computer security for St. Edward’s University as well as other courses ranging from computers to aviation.
WCSD 2015 Session – Vetting A Plugin
This session is for less-experienced WordPress users and will cover the ins and outs of selecting the right plugins for your site with particular emphasis on the following:
- An overview of the WordPress plugin repository and its function
- How plugins are approved or denied in the plugin repository
- An overview of other plugin sources and why some plugins are not in the WordPress.org repository
- How to choose what plugin(s) to use on your site
- The security implications of plugin choices
- How to keep your plugins up to date