Staying In San Diego
Our camp location, San Diego Hall of Champions, is located in Balboa Park. While the park is downtown, it’s not a comfortable walking distance to most hotels – so plan on a short drive, grabbing a cab, a Lyft or an Uber ride.
San Diego boasts a wide range of hotel and lodging options, we suggest you use a hotel search site to find something in your price range. The map below represents the area of downtown where most of the restaurants and nightlife are located, referred to as the “Gaslamp Quarter”…but all of the surrounding neighborhoods have unique experiences so make sure you get out and explore if you can!
Here are some suggestions on finding a great deal on a hotel. If you’d like to contribute to this page, please contact us and we will add your suggestions!
- Orbitz – Did you know if you book from your mobile phone you can get even MORE savings?!
- Hotwire Mystery Hotels – Did you know you can book a “secret hotel” and save a TON? You won’t know the name of the hotel, just the general location and star rating – but if you do some detective work, sometimes you can figure it out based on review counts etc. (Please enter the correct destination/location information in the search box to view San Diego hotels).
- Try sites like Travelzoo and Groupon – These can be hit or miss so you may need to check back over the course of a few days, but if you find a gem it will be worth it.
Traveling into Town & Getting Around
If you are staying downtown, you can walk to a wide range of restaurants and nightlife locations. But if you need to travel further, check out these transportation options:
- San Diego International Airport – Flying into SAN will get you within a few minutes cab ride of the Camp location and hotels.
- The Trolley – Will get you around and across downtown and some of the surrounding areas.
- The Coaster or The Amtrak – Will take you up and down the coast, to/from Los Angeles for example.
- Cabs – we have them! Just wave one down.
- Uber or Lyft – If you’re not familiar with ride services like these they are pretty great and very affordable…San Diego has service from both of these companies.